Practicing body positivity is a constant struggle between what we have been taught to think about fat bodies and accepting ourselves for who we are. While the toxic body images pushed in the 90s have been replaced by a slightly more diverse approach to what is an acceptable body, we are still bombarded with edited and idealized bodies all over the internet but especially on social media.
It is hard not to have these images affect us negatively when they are so far from what we see in the mirror – and frankly, so far from what the people in the pictures see in the mirror. Body positivity is a constant struggle with this dissonance and takes a lot of effort.
So here are Some Tips to Practice Body Positivity
- Keep a list of the things you like about yourself, no matter how big or small
- Stop comparing yourself to others; you are great just the way you are
- Post positive affirmations on your mirror because you are so much more than your reflection
- Cut out negative self-talk and get rid of your biggest critic
- Think healthier because it’s not about looks but about feeling good
Thanks for being here!