Fall is soup season. There is nothing better than a hearty, warm soup on a rainy day. Especially super creamy and rich mushroom soup with wonderfully flavourful red wine when you need a hearty pick-me-up.
Creamy Mushroom Store
4 servings / 30 minutes prep time
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 5 tbsp flour
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 1/2 – 1 cup sour cream
- pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and saute over medium-high heat until golden and fragrant. Lower heat to medium, add garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and rosemary. Saute allowing mushrooms to release all their liquid. Add the red wine. Turn the heat up, and cook this completely off, stirring until most or all of the liquid in the pan has cooked off .
- Turn the heat back down to medium, sprinkle the flour over top, stir constantly, toasting it for 1-2 minutes. Add one cup of hot stock and stir it in. Add the second cup of stock, stirring well to combine, then add the third cup of stock and bring it to a gentle simmer, whisking until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream until fully incorporated.
- Season with pepper and taste for salt.
- To Serve: Ladle in bowls and top with a few slices of mushrooms and a drizzle of truffle oil. Serve with crusty bread.
Download the recipe here.