To say it has been hot the last few days is an understatement. Today, 26 June 2019, has been the hottest day of the years so far. 37 degrees celsius.
The worst thing about the hot weather is that you cannot eat anything. I try to eat in the morning and then wait until it’s late in the evening to eat again. Currently, having lunch, especially a hot lunch, is a big no-no.
That does not, however, mean that I do not have my sweet tooth. I still love to snack on things and I especially enjoy desserts. Cold desserts, to be specific.
One of my all-time favourite desserts is cheesecake. Cold cheesecake with fresh fruit. Cherries, strawberries etc. all go incredibly well with a beautiful, cold slice of cheesecake.
My favourite recipe for German cheesecake? Here you go!
- 125g room temperature butter
- 400g sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 100g semolina
- ½ package baking powder
- 1kg curd cheese
- 2 packages of vanilla sugar
- Whip eggs, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add semolina, vanilla sugar, baking powder and curd
- Mix until smooth
- Butter a round cake pan and dust the surface with semolina
- Add the cake mix and smooth out the surface
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes until the surface is golden brown
- Let cool inside the closed oven
- Put into the fridge for 24 hours
Let me know your favourite cheesecake recipe in the comments!